The SARPD is no longer accepting applications. A new hiring list was certified by the SARPD Commission in June of 2019. Certified hiring lists expire every 6 months and the Commission has the right to recertify the list for up to 3 additional 6 month periods.
The Certified hiring list can be found under the Employment- Testing tab.
Stroud Area Regional Police Department is currently accepting applications to establish a hiring eligibility list. Applicants must have Act 120 certification upon appointment (persons currently attending or soon attending a police academy are encouraged to apply). The written test will be given on Thursday April 25th, 2019 at 6p.m. at the Stroudsburg Middle School.
Anyone interested in applying to SARPD should download and print a Pre-Test Application Packet, and submit your application, along with a $75.00 check or money order payable to Stroud Area Regional Police, 100 Day Street, East Stroudsburg, PA 18301, no later than 5 PM on Monday, April 22nd, 2019. Applications can also be picked up at our headquarters, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4 pm. The Pre-Test Application Packet contains all the information that applicants will need including testing dates and times. Please read the packet carefully and follow the directions. Any questions for hiring please contact Lt. Scott Raymond at 570-421-6800 ext:1007 or email: OR Lt. Charles Schmidt at 570-421-6800 ext: 1006 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Job Requirements:
· Must be a U.S. Citizen
· Must be Act 120 Certified at time of appointment
· Must be 21 years of age at time of appointment
· Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
· Must possess a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license at time of appointment
· Have a primary residence within a fifty (50) mile radius of our department at time of appointment
· Must meet all Municipal Police Officer’s Education and Training Commission required background, physical and psychological standards
Salary and Benefits
· $50,537.00 as a Probationary Employee.
· $61,494.00 after first full year of service
· Top paid patrol officer is currently at $74,629 plus longevity pay after 5 full years of service.
· Vacation Leave
· Sick Leave
· Bereavement Leave
· Personal Time
· Comp. Time
· 11 paid holidays
· Pension Plan
· Deferred Compensation Plans
· Life Insurance Coverage
· Education Incentive
· Health, dental and vision for the Officer and his family.
Stroud Area Regional Police Department was formed on May 1, 2000, bringing together experienced police officers from the Stroudsburg, East Stroudsburg, and Stroud Township police departments. Today, SARPD has a $8.7 million operating budget, 50 full-time officers and serves a total population of 34,620 in one of the fastest growing areas of the Commonwealth.
With its 50 police officers, Stroud Area Regional Police Department (SARPD) is one of the largest regional department in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Our coverage area is comprised of 39 square miles, which includes the home to East Stroudsburg University, 2 Hospitals, 2 school districts, the County Courthouse and the County Administrative buildings. In addition, Route 80 dissects through the southern half of our jurisdiction.